Tuesday, April 9, 2019
“My Canon Printer is saying its offline and I can't print”- says a frustrated Canon user!
There could be so many reasons for your Canon Printer turning Offline each and every time. An Offline status shows that your system is not able to communicate with the printer. Many a times network conditions can also be main reason why your printer went offline unexpectedly.
In this post, we will guide you on how to make your offline printer turn online in Windows 10 or 8.1. We have enlisted step by step tutorials to fix your Canon printer turn online and communicate with your system/device. In between you can also call Canon Printer Helpline for any other issue your Canon printer is facing.
Reasons Why Your Canon Printer Go Offline
Mostly printers go offline because of network or USB cable connectivity issues some of them being: paper jam issue, printer out of paper, or any other printer hardware technical faults and printer driver corruption or compatibility issue. Once these issues get fixed, your printer will come back to online automatically and start working fine. If your problem does not resolve at all, you should make a printer online manually and this post will help you do that. Just follow the manual steps below.
How to Make Your Canon Printer Online
Making a printer online on Windows 10 or 8.1 is a little different from XP, Vista operating system. Below we have posted the steps to turn your Canon Printer online on Windows 8.1 or 10. Just follow the steps in serial manner or contact canon printer tech support number for any queries in any step.
Follow these steps to turn on your Canon printer online.
· On Windows 8.1 or 8, press Windows Key with holding letter I. This is will take you to the control panel on your system.
· On Windows 10, search for devices and printers by entering ‘devices’ and clicking on the ‘Devices and Printers’ shown there.
· Above steps can be applied on all to bring back the printer online in Windows 10/8.1.
You may now click on devices & printers that appear in large and small icons listed on control panel.
Right-click on offline printer (slightly faded) & select ‘See what’s printing’
· If the printer is offline you would be seeing the tick mark front of ‘Use Printer Offline’.
· Remove the tick and wait for the printer to come online.
· You may try printing now.
· If the printer comes online and suddenly goes offline again, then there could be a real connectivity or hardware issue with the printer.
· Fix those issues with Canon printer helpline and restart the printer.
If your Canon printer still showing offline status, then you should check the settings of the computer. You must also re-check the following settings;
· File and Printer sharing settings on your system
· Ensure the Network Discovery is turned on and Network sharing services is running on
· You should also check the firewall and Antivirus/network protection software that may have blocked the incoming connection to the shared printer.
· Restart your printer.
What if it’s A Network Printer?
If it is a network printer, you can find out the IP of the printer and check the communication.
The above guide will generally fix your printer offline issue and will get back your printer to turn online in Windows 10 and 8.1. If this does not resolve your problem then your printer may have chance of any major hardware or network communication problem. To troubleshoot in this case, contact Canon support on numbers below.
If the above steps fail to troubleshoot your canon Printer connection errors, we recommend you to try the trustworthy canon printer support, which is absolutely toll free with availability 24x7. Our certified technical support team will assist you to sync your canon printer with your system. You can also talk to us via Canon Live chat support.
Just note down our canon printer support phone number 1-800-436-0509 for USA/Canada, +44-800-046-5700 for UK and 1-800-769-903 for Australia.
Disclaimer: We are an independent provider of remote technical support for software and peripheral devices. We have no affiliation with any of third-party companies unless such relationship is expressly specified. We collect information from the user but we never share the information to other parties. This information is so valuable for us. The use of any third party trademarks, logos, or brand names is for informational purposes only, and does not imply an endorsement by us or vice versa. If you find any kind of deceitful things present on our website then please inform us.
PIXMA TS202 Basic, reasonable and diminished home printer for issue free, surp...
Canon Pixma range is known for producing efficient printing, copying & scanning results and has been the first choice among maxi...
A printer is one of the most essential devices which are required to perform various jobs in our day-to-day life from printing your ess...